[Farmall] Help with snow plow adjustment

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 31 10:50:04 PST 2007

A couple of things, but as Mike said, you may not be able to totally
prevent it.  Many gravel roads here in the hills were crowned to make
the water run off the sides instead of following the wheel tracks.  If
they just put a layer of asphalt and chips over it rather than leveling
first, the drive may be crowned to the point the blade is actually
dragging the road in the center.  to check this just let the blade down
on their drive when it is not snow covered.  If that is the case you
will either need to adjust your skids (may be able to get by with just
moving one of them) or maybe add one to the center that can be easily
removed when not on their drives.

To reduce the "dig in" lean the top of the blade further forward, or
pull the bottom back some, depending on how it is made.

I live in the country and plow about 1 1/2 miles of gravel road with a
cub, though it has been many years since we got more than 5 or 6 inches
of snow at a time, but I normally just carry my blade on the hydraulics,
but even so, with that much road you still throw some gravel off , and I
come back with the belly blade and pull it back when grading the roads
in the spring.  Of course this is not a real big deal on a rural road,
like it would be in a yard.

--
 John
another one of them