[Farmall] Cold and starting fluid

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Dec 29 06:22:21 PST 2007

At the New Holland dealership where I worked, we would never use ether
for starting gas engines - we only ever used Berkebile 2+2 gum cutter
<http://www.berkebileoil.com/special.htm>. In fact, we used this stuff
by the case for carb cleaning, brake cleaning, gasket surface prep, etc.
And it was great for starting the gas engines without any knocking that
you get from ether. (I am not connected in any way with Berkebile - just
a satisfied customer. I still keep a couple of cans around for cleaning
and engine starting.) It also takes off labels that won't come off with
Goo-Gone or other chemicals.

Mike