[AT] Way OT: Croatian heritage?

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Dec 29 02:26:56 PST 2007

An old friend of mine is a first-generation American of Croatian descent.
I'd like to get her something special, a gift that would have some meaning
in her parents' country, perhaps the way an upright horseshoe or a four-leaf
clover are considered good luck here.  Or perhaps a certain flower that's
especially symbolic of Croatia, or a traditional craft item made there?
Would anyone on the list have any information that might help?

(By the way, one of my favorite photos of this woman is of her driving a
Farmall M, so you *know* she's something special... :-)

Thank you,

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net