[AT] Shop LP Plumbing

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Fri Dec 28 08:50:25 PST 2007

Hi Len,
I believe most codes will dictate that if the pipe runs through a wall it must be black pipe.
Mike

-- Len Rugen <rugenl at yahoo.com> wrote:
I want to run a LP  line in the wall to my future bathroom in the shop.  We used to use copper tubing for this, but with the price of copper, is there another alternative?  I think they run natural gas in black pipe, but I don't have a threading tool, so I'd have to work out exact parts & lengths.  Plastic????

I plan on putting a small unvented "blue flame" heater in the bathroom and probably a larger one in the attached green house.  I don't want the heat to keep the pipes from freezing to be dependent on electricity.

Thanks

Len Rugen