[AT] About "Live" PTO

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 26 11:12:02 PST 2007

Hi Ted

There are no dumb questions.  I won't state this quite right for some who
can do a better job, but here goes.  A 'live' PTO, is a PTO not effected by
the clutch for tractor gears, you push the clutch for gears in and PTO
continues to run or stays 'alive'. One advantage is, if running a PTO driven
implement, this implement won't 'drive' the tractor forward, such as a bush
hog.  If running a bush hog, and you push the clutch in on a non live PTO,
the bush hog with its momentum will continue to move the tractor.  I am sure
you will get more and better explanations

Paul Waugh enjoying 45 degrees in North Indiana