[AT] Farmall Cub

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Tue Dec 25 10:02:38 PST 2007

    Just spending a quiet day here today.
    The 1961 Cub has been sitting in the barn with a battery charging
problem. Finally decided to charge up the battery and trouble shoot the
discharging problem.
    Pulled the regulator off and removed the cover and found a tiny piece of
copper on the contacts. removed that and cleaned the contacts and as soon as
the battery charges enough to start it I can check out my handiwork.
    Gotta have this tractor running for Cubfest in June. This tractor should
have a positive ground system, but the previous owner had the battery
installed as a negative ground. The regulator is a positive ground, so all
should be alright there. Repolarized the generator for positive ground, now
all ready to go.

    Nice bright sunshine here and NO WIND in western Ohio. Makes it pleasant
to be outdoors.

                                Gene