[Farmall] I hate mice

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 24 13:30:10 PST 2007

I used to have a problem with mice in the tractors, until I started
parking them in my neighbor's bank barn (I cut her grass and plow her
snow, so she lets me use the lower level, while she uses the upper level
for her stuff). She has, at any one time, and average of a dozen cats,
and they like to sit on the upholstered tractor seats and watch for
mice. I have have no mouse problems with any of the tractors up there.
For my barn (no cats), I got some Rid-Ex pellets from the local feed
store. They seem to work much better than D-Con, and I don't find any
carcasses - I guess, as advertised, they head for water and die. I used
to have some help with mice from black snakes, but after I got the
guinea fowl, I don't have hardly any snakes - guinea fowl attack and
kill any snakes they come across.

Mike

<snip>