[AT] Favorite tractor?

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sat Dec 22 15:54:03 PST 2007

> Find a nice Cockshutt 30. They had the first live pto in 1947

Ralph, I'm with you.  A Cockshutt 30 is definitely on my one-of-these-days shopping list.  That live power is a nice thing and they're such classic tractors, and such a nice size.

As long as we're daydreaming I'd probably add a late Super M Farmall, since I still miss the one I had some years ago.  And an Oliver 77.  Maybe a John Deere A.

I saw a couple of Ford 4600s at an auction yard a few weeks ago and wondered what they're going for these days.  I used one close to 30 years ago when I was working for a neighboring farmer, and recall it as a very handy little tractor, and comfortable to operate.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net