[AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sat Dec 22 07:21:31 PST 2007

Mike et al-

Mike, I just finished reviewing your restoration pics on the Farmall 340. Very impressive and nice job. I have just five acres (and five buildings, including a 60x30 2-story garage) and three acres out back that over the years I've developed into what I call my "wildlife habitat" (planted clusters of white spruce & red pine, have some scattered brushpiles) where I exercise & train my bird dogs.

Since the area is about 75% grasses & sedges, I keep a system of mowed paths there, but have it bush-hogged about 3X a year to keep it "fresh." Recently, I've begun considering getting a used small tractor & hog unit to do it myself, but considering how little it costs me to have a couple buddies do it for me, it would obviously be more of an expenditure of choice rather than economics. What might be a good choice to start looking for? Ideas ...?

Thanks,

Bob in "Upstate" NY