[AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Dec 22 06:16:03 PST 2007

Generally speaking around here, when something needs to be done, I will
hop on either the Ford 860 or the Farmall 340. Both have their good
points, and sometimes I have to think about which would be better.

I have a weather cab and chains on the Ford, so that gets used in the
winter for blading snow that the truck mounted plow misses. But the
Farmall has a true independent PTO and the TA, so it works better for
field work with a sickle bar or brush cutter. Right now, the Farmall
won't even click on the solenoid, so I am going to have to CHECK THE
GROUNDS.

But I also like my Cubs and International 184 for grass mowing, the Case
430CK for its great loader, the Farmall 560 diesel for running the 25KW
generator when the power goes out, and so on. Each tractor has something
that it is best at (and some of them some things I don't like!).

For those who haven't seen my "collection", go to <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

And Best Wishes for the Holidays,

Mike