[AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Dec 22 05:52:15 PST 2007

    Things here will probably slow to a crawl on the list this weekend so I
thought I would ask what your favorite tractor model is. Not just green or
red etc. but individual models. I love all brands but if I were to pick one
tractor I think the Farmall Super MTA is the one I like for day in and day
out using. For a little smaller tractor we have had in the past a Ford 9N, a
Ford 8N, a Ferguson TO-20 and a Ford Jubilee and they are really handy for
smaller jobs and easy to climb off and on for jobs where that is important.
As a teenager I was quite fond of the Farmall 300 Utility.
    Today since I no longer grain farm I find myself climbing on the little
Yanmar 1500 diesel or the #$%& CUB a lot for such little jobs as moving
wagons or trailers etc. Maybe part of that is that those two barely sip fuel
and I still can't fill a 5 gallon can of fuel without almost having a
seizure...   ;-)

A kind of long Christmas wish list would include:
An N series Ford or TO series Ferguson
McCormick 10-20
Farmall F-20
Farmall 300-U (fast hitch)
Case SC
Case VAC
AC WD-45
AC D-15 or 17
Deere styled model D
Oliver Super 88
Co-op E-3
One of the Dotson Cockshutt's ;-)
Or anything else that resembles an old tractor.   :-)

What I have (including project tractors needing a lot of work yet:
John Deere 4020
John Deere A (1948)
MF-165-D High Arch
Farmall 400
Farmall S-MTA
Farmall Super M
Farmall F-30
Farmall F-12
Farmall CUB (1947
Allis C
Allis WC
MM-R
Yanmar 1500 Diesel
Waaaay too many 2 and 4 wheel garden tractors.

--
"farmer"

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the
well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are
showing a new road.  ~Voltaire

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net