[AT] grounds

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 10:39:32 PST 2007

In a message dated 12/19/2007 4:53:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gwaugh at wowway.com writes:
>From what I saw, it was about 20 years ago that  codes relating to
mobile homes started requiring the four wire hookup for  220V appliances.

Gene,

and now I can't remember why it was just mobile homes.  I have  experience
with ungrounded ranges in homes that should have been grounded.   Lady was using
a hot mitten to avoid contact with an electrified stove. I know  most 220
volt newer appliances have a neutral bonding/grounding jumper option  where the
pig tail connects. If you bound the neutral in the appliance then you  violate
the code that specifies a single point neutral connection to  ground. So I
guess "it all depends"  :)

Gary
Renton, WA.