[AT] grounds

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Dec 17 17:19:34 PST 2007

Try living in an urban location where all the houses are connected to a
network -- no individual transformers at all.  It was nearly impossible to
tell where the grounds were likely to be.  I put a recording voltmeter in my
house and charted the voltage for a week at a time.  At 7:00 AM every
morning, it dropped like a rock to around 90 volts and didn't fully recover
until late afternoon.  No one was ever able to tell me what was going on for
sure, but I surmised it was due to start up in the local coal mines every
morning.

Larry