[AT] grounds

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 12:00:20 PST 2007

OK, If you are fed from a transformer on a pole, that pole likely has a copper wire to a coil ground on the bottom of the pole.   I had a meter base on my house and the required copper ground rod there.  Then we added a 2nd service with a meter base on the pole for Dad's mobile home.  Now that that is gone, I had them "combine" my service so I wasn't paying the minimum charge twice.  They moved my meter to the base on the pole, connected my feeder to that and jumpered the meter base on the house.  Don't I now have 2 grounds 30' appart?

Plus every utility pole is grounded in like manner, so I have 2 more grounds 50-60 yards each way.

I'm not arguing... I'm building a shop off the 2nd feed from the new meter base that I didn't plan on grounding.

Len Rugen