[AT] : Ice Storm

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 17 06:12:07 PST 2007

Bob if you are running a drill with a 3 prong plug (old type, metal frame
drill) and you are running it from an ungrounded generator set I can't see
where you even have a neutral.  Wouldn't it be the same as if you cut the
ground lug off the plug?  Therefore the 5 milliamps could not bleed off.
OHH!  I think I see the point now.  You guys are saying that if 5 milliamps
go to ground through ME it will trip the breaker regardless of the ground or
neutral circuit?  Now it's starting to make sense.

Charlie