[AT] grounds

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Mon Dec 17 06:06:41 PST 2007

My mothers house is wired 400 Amp also.  At the time it had an electric
furnace that has since been replaced with a heat pump.  With the electric
furnace 200 Amp was just enough with not much room for adding something on.
Also, the way her house is built the meter was going to have to be right on
the side of the house next to the front door.  By going to 400 Amp the power
company placed the meter on the pole and uses an induction coil to read flow
instead of the traditional type meter.  Her actual peak current use is
probably only 100 Amps or so now.

Charlie