[AT] : Ice Storm

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:04:46 PST 2007

Henry? Am I right in assuming then that in the USA every house/electrical
has it's own grounding point opposite to how it works here. Because here
you got to have a switch that disconnects your own electrical system from
the net when connecting a generator. Since we have ground in the net I then
have to have my own groundingpoint (All that copper in the cround).

John If the depth are enough depends on the kind of ground you got. There
are a lot of complex measuring to decide that.

Though I have a lot knowledge about this but not being an electrician(My dad
is, I've actually worked as one :-o, and I've got a bunch of education to my
teflon-brain). I will not try to understand or explain the floating neutral
potential phenomenon (or something like that) that an electrician friend of
mine tried to explain to me. Anyway this has made electrical macinery like
fridges overheat and burning down houses here so be careful.

/Mattias