[AT] : Ice Storm

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 14 14:27:22 PST 2007

I don't have a gen-set at present.  I have a couple picked out that I want
but  the opportunity and money haven't linked up yet.  When we have a
huricane on the way I just go to the industrial tool rental place that my
friend owns and rent  a 300 Amp diesel welding machine.  I can rent it for
$40 a day and if my current doesn't go out and I don't have to run it he
doesn't charge me.  So far it's been a good deal.  It only makes about 3KW
but it takes care of the important stuff.   What I really want is one of the
small gas or propane welding machines that makes 10KW on the gen side.  They
run from $2500 to $3500 depending on brand, model and features.  I've also
got my eye on an old unit out of a package sewer plant that is no longer in
operation.  It's a diesel unit of probably 12 KW or so.  The people just
won't agree to sell it to me......yet.

Charlie