[AT] : Ice Storm

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Thu Dec 13 17:41:47 PST 2007

I bought us a generator, a little 10HP, 5KW (I think, can't remember for
sure) the year before hurricane floyd, which would be '98 I think.  I
remember we had a 'scare' that a storm was coming.  Lowe's sold out, I
finally found a mom n' pop hardware store that had a truckload of
generators coming in that day.  The guy let me put my name down to
reserve one, so I picked it up, got it home, and the storm turned away.
Next year we ran it 24/7 after floyd to keep the fridge and freezer
going and to keep the water pump on.  That was the most use it ever got.
I just used it this weekend to run the lights on our FFA Christmas
parade float. The gas that was in it has to be at least 5 years old, no
stabil, no nothing, just pulled the cord a few times and she took off!
:) I am going to go ahead and try to use it up somehow because the gas
is starting to stink... I do let it run out of gas when I put it away to
keep the carb from gumming up.

Al