[AT] ATIS Charity Auction, Pickled Herring

Gene Waugh Elgin, Illinois USA gwaugh at wowway.com
Wed Dec 12 16:41:15 PST 2007

What with a few Swedes in the background (my wife's great-grandmother
came over at age 16 a few years back) we----the extended
family---usually have a jar of pickled herring at Thanksgiving and
Christmas.  For myself, not having the required background, that is more
than often enough!

However, for what it's worth, the jar of Noon Hour Pickled Herring
(Olsen Fish Company) that we had for Thanksgiving was NOT up to its
typical standards.  My wife and her mother both commented even on its
appearance, and then, after sampling, said it was very gristly, etc.  An
article at  http://www.lutefiskmike.com/article1.cfm  indicates that
last year's catch was way down...

Now, we all (I, at least) know far more about Pickled Herring than we
ever wanted to know!!

/Gene
Gene Waugh
Elgin, Illinois USA