[AT] Ice Storm Off topic

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Mon Dec 10 14:32:07 PST 2007

Power has been off and on for the last 24 hours. It went off this morning at
about  2:30 and if back on now. The roads are fairly dry and passable, but
many of the trees have been devastated. Today I went with a friend to look
for some "D" cell batteries no luck. Any of the stores that were open had
sold out.

Our little red bud tree has had the top nearly completely removed by the ice
 This has been the worst storm in this area since 1987, when we had no power
for 35 hours. Others in the area were without power for about a week. I
believe this weather is much worse that back then.

Damn this wind chill.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA