[AT] Crankshaft Grinding?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Dec 10 12:58:07 PST 2007

    I think they are out of business now since the owner died (just not
sure) but we used to use a racing engine building / rebuilding shop that was
located pretty much out in the country in a tiny village. They did great
machine work but just did other engine work to keep the shop paying the
little bills since they had a little time available from time to time. They
were reasonable on the other work. You might check with a racing engine
machine shop. This one was in business to make money but they were not as
money hungry as some shops since their other work commanded high dollars.

    Speciality work can sometimes pay very well... I have a very very good
neighbor that repairs mostly high performance boat props from all over the
country. He had to buy an about 30 HP John Deere with a loader this year
just to move the money around with...   ;-)   ;-)   He does really nice work
and I have had him do a few tricky aluminum welding jobs for me but he won't
let me pay him. We just try to do him any favors we can to help keep things
evened a little. Everybody should have at least one neighbor that good... He
has lived next to the farm for maybe 12 years now.
    I have really been lucky. I have about a half dozen pretty close
neighbors and all of them are good neighbors...

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope
 tie a knot and hang on...