[AT] oil change ( why wasn't the subject line changed ?) well some did.

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Dec 9 13:11:23 PST 2007

The intelligent among us agree that no matter what the wind speed, the
temperature is not changed. Water will freeze at approximately 32 deg. F.
The fact that the freezing may occur faster in a strong wind does not raise
the freezing point above 32 deg. F.

Today we have a bunch of wind chill if that is what causes Ice to form on
the grass. Truth is that there is very little wind. Each blade of grass in
about 1/4 inch in diameter, and really crunches under foot. The Ice coating
is on our wooden deck and approach ramp. More wind chill is still coming
down now and the prediction is for much more.

A few nights ago my daughter in law gave us two pair of rubber pull on's for
shoes, that have small  carbide cleats, for traction on this kind of icy
surface. They sure do work well. FYI these are made by Sure Foot Corp. Phone
1.800.722.3668 (sorry these were made in China)

Is Walt back ???

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA