[AT] ethanol

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 9 12:20:21 PST 2007

Just as a side note to the carburetor icing topic. I recall some years ago
when Mohawk first started selling gas with a certain percentage ethanol, one
of the selling points was that we would not have to add gas line anti-freeze
for winter use. The ethanol (alcohol) would serve the same purpose as gas
line anti freeze and prevent carburetor icing. Considering that our ethanol
content is going to be increased in gas over the next little while I'm
thinking carburetor icing in old engines might become a non issue. I've
never tried the Mohawk gas so can't comment if it worked but its an
interesting idea.

Ralph in Sask.