[AT] oil change

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 7 14:40:05 PST 2007

Ok, ok, trick question and I fell right into that one. I suppose we need to
get specific here and refer to the situation as "Intake icing". A fuel
injected engine still takes in air, the same air as a carbureted engine so
it might be possible for the moisture in the air to freeze in the air intake
and create ice?
And wasn't the early GM throttle body fuel injection system not that far
removed from a carburetor in design? I've never owned one like that and my
4.3 Blazer does have the injectors hidden deep inside the intake manifold
somewhere.
And yes, it ran fine today  with not a hint of icing or hesitation at an
observed outdoor temp of -4F.

Ralph in Sask.