[AT] Buying an AC CA on Saturday.....

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 04:27:18 PST 2007

Hello,

Yesterday I committed to buy an AC CA narrow front. The CA was sitting in my neighbors yard for years. I always asked him what he was going to do with it. My prodding motivated him to attempt a repair job on a spun connecting rod bearing. He got it all apart and as with many ambitious projects he has now decided to let me have it for $400. I wanted it for $300 but I guess $400 is fair for a complete dismantled CA with a spun bearing . Tried to talk him into finishing the job but he is done with it.

I have restored a C so I have a good idea on what to do about the engine. Also, I had purchased a spare short block at an auction in hopes that the crank would work in my neighbors engine but that was worn. Also picked up another worn crankshaft so now I will have three worn crankshafts.... Maybe I should just take the engine out of my C and slap it in the CA but that would break my heart..

Between me and my father this tractor will be #6 in Pennsylvania and one bulldozer... 4 tractors and one bulldozer in upstate NY.... What am I doing? You really know you have a problem when you start counting your tractors on your fingers, and when that won't work you start writing them down so you can count them.... I'm hoping I will be able to part with the C if I have the CA.

This is the last one!

Where should I send the crankshaft to be rebuilt? Looking for lowest price and a quality job....

Regards,

Will