[AT] Waaay O.T. - Odd pocket watch

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Dec 6 15:39:17 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Willer" <gwill at gwill.net>

> Frobl,
>
> At first I thought it might be a hold-over from the ill fated attempt to
> make us convert over to metric time.  :-)  Then I saw the pendulum and
> realized it wasn't a watch at all.  It's a pedometer.  It's used to
> measure
> how far you walk in a given time and why you're so tired.  It should have
> clip to hook onto your belt.
>
> George

    George I believe you are absolutely right... The works did look a little
crude to me for what otherwise looked like a nice watch. I didn't see a
balance wheel but thought it might be out of sight since the back panel of
the works was mostly a solid piece. The works of a pedometer would not need
to be as delicate and complicated as a regular watch.
    I'll have to go for a walk...   :-)
    I wonder if I could just drive around on a tractor tapping my foot...
;-)   ;-)

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope