[AJD] Binder

Scott_Manlove at Hill-Rom.Com Scott_Manlove at Hill-Rom.Com
Wed Dec 5 07:38:55 PST 2007

Richard,

I have a early '20's  "The New John Deere Light Running" binder 6 foot
cut.   It's a wonderful machine.  Every time we get it out I look forward
to the sights and sounds that it produces.

I'm in my late 40's.  I had never seen a binder run until I purchased this
one.   The education obtained from the seasoned operators of this type of
equipment is priceless.  A 90+ year old neighbor enlightened me to wax the
sheetmetal areas near the knotter with the wax from the wheat or oat
stocks. He also introduced me to the art of shocking.   Other older
gentlemen have requested to cut wheat "one more time".

As far as whether they are a "good" machine,  the first year that we
played with it we cut 6 acres of extremely heavy oats.  It missed 6
bundles. This is my favorite antique machine.

Good luck,
Scott

"Richard Strobel" <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com>
Sent by: antique-johndeere-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
12/05/2007 08:43 AM
Please respond to
Antique John Deere mailing list

cc

Subject
[AJD] Binder

  Happy Holidays everyone!!
Have been looking for several years now at a team pulled JD grain binder.
It is complete.  Wondering if anyone on the list has any experience on one

and are they a good working machine?

TIA,
RickinMt.