[AT] oil for old engines

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:49:31 PST 2007

> I always used Penzoil in my Ford pickup. Switched one time to SuperFlo
> (Exxon). Don't know if it was a higher detergent or if it was
> just time but
> I had lifter problems just a couple days later. Long story short,
> I'll never
> use Penzoil again and never switch brands of oil if possible.
>
> John Hall

Stories like this are why everyone calls Quaker State oil "Caker State"
around here. There must have been something in PA crude that didn't take to
the new high detergent formulations.

For whatever reason I've always used Castrol in my foreign engines and
Havoline in domestics.

Warren
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:52 AM