[AT] Slightly OT: horse drawn implements

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Dec 1 05:28:05 PST 2007

    John'
    I live near De Graff, Ohio, about 45 miles north of Dayton.
    Equipment and customs are set by each individual community. Here there
are no covered buggies or bicycles, no electric or phones. Just north of me
near Belle Center, they have covered buggies and ride bicycles. Use
stationary hay balers and can have phones in the house and electricity
powered by generators.
    Near Grabill, Indiana, they use modern machinery pulled by horses behind
a PTO power cart. Even saw a John Deere 4 row no till planter pulled this
way. They use modern balers pulled this way. All have to run on steel
wheels. Still no tractors usde there.

                Gene