[AT] grounded coil

Jason dejoodster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:15:32 PDT 2007

Well since this keeps kicking along, maybe we all need to remember there are
no absolutes in just about anything, unless a very specific scenario is
mentioned.

Do most coils on a tractor, since this is the list we're on, need to be
grounded? I'd say no. And It's pretty obvious the original poster isn't
talking about the wire connections, but the mount for the coil. Because if
you wire any of the electrical connections to ground, it's never gonna run.

Now in an attempt to steer the conversation somewhere else.  Neil Yerigan,
who's no longer with us,  gave me a one -on-one tutorial one day in his
shop. And I had a brand new set of points. They were spotless, to me at
least. Not good enough for him though. First a spray of contact cleaner,
then a thorough polishing with a brand new dollar bill, then another quick
shot of contact cleaner. Since he obviously knew more about that stuff more
than I, I remembered it. And use the technique to this day. Least I could do
for a man who took the time to teach a kid.

Jason
Eagan, Mn