[Farmall] IH Hydro tractors (was Re: Some ads from the 8/11 Lancaster Farming (Mike Sloane)

Matthew Gray pudding at puddingsworld.com
Tue Aug 14 13:48:54 PDT 2007

yup, i have spent quality time on a 474 hydro, 574 hydro, and 84 hydro 4wd

never seen one in a 544, but i don't think new zealand got a lot of those
american models of tractors......and i ran off the assembly line in the late
70's my self

there is even one or two hydro 100? round, they appear in the classifields
every now and then, the last one i saw was dead, and had a mid mounted blade

the farmer with the 574 i drove had a loader on it, and it spent its life
feeding cows, and a bit of baling,

the 84 hydro was the only one left running from a factory that used them
fitted with front blades to push sweetcorn onto a drag chain to feed the
factory, they had two others in the back shed that had expired, every man
had driven them, and scratched there name into the dash or the cab. we
aquired it and fitted a road sweeper for harvesting sweetcorn