[AT] AT Digest, Vol 42, Issue 31

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 31 21:21:04 PDT 2007

No offense intended.. but I frankly don't care if he is the secretary
general of the US....

I don't see how grounding the plastic case or the isolated metal case that a
standard tractor ignition coil sets in is doing much good.. except perhaps
emi/rfi interference deadoning, in the situation where the coil outter shell
material is metal.

In standard kettering ignition systems, and using common ignition coils on a
points based distribuitor / battery ignition system, I don't see any
examples yet where anyone shows any thing to the contrary other than the
ponts are the ground for the primary.. and the inuslated / isolated case
that houses the coil is nothing more than a container on the standard
tractor application.

Again.. we are not talking electroninc modules.. or lawnmower engines with
impulse units..

Soundguy