[AT] grounded coil

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Aug 30 15:03:51 PDT 2007

ROTFLAMO!

Flaming on the Internet via email is pretty mild compared to what can happen
in a classroom when you're within physical "swinging range".  The students
expect you to be on top of everything and there is always a group lying in
wait for you to slip up.  That's why I always started every course with a
short lecture that said in effect: Professors will lie to you.  We don't
intend to, but the technology is changing so fast that even though we work
like crazy to stay up-to-date, there are going to be times when we tell you
a bald-faced lie that we believe in our hearts and minds is the absolute
truth.  Your job as a student, is to determine when we're lying, and when
we're telling you the truth!

Larry