[AT] grounded coil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 30 12:35:25 PDT 2007

I've yet to see a circuit where the 'case' of the coil had to be grounded.

Most of the newer ones are plastic anyway.

i have seen older metal cased coils.. however.. a cursery continuity check
shows the metal case is not common with any of the other 3 connections on
the coil.

The only benefit I see from a metal encased coil housing ( isolated from
internals ) is possibly rfi/emi shielding...

Soundguy