[AT] OT NCSU

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Aug 30 09:23:45 PDT 2007

I'm a bit younger than Charlie but my roommate was in engineering when
we were at NCSU  (see we were past the cow college days - then called
Moo U) and I remember him mentioning Houck and Hammond (probably
Hilliard also but I'm not sure).  I was in Textile Chemistry so math was
a constant thing.  By the time I was there calculators (mid to late
1970's) were everywhere (instead of engineering students walking around
with slide rules clipped to their belts they had calculators). I was the
same however I found a slide rule for sale at the student store for $5
so I bought it and carried it as a backup - Post as I recall..
David
NW NC
who should be out on the MF 35 mowing the jungle (crabgrass grows here
even with no water).