[AT] grounded coil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 29 09:55:48 PDT 2007

Larry.. I'm making a big assumption here.. but I'm guessing we are talking
about an ignition coil for a points style system.

in that case.. the POINTS are the ground for the coil primary circuit!!!!
When points open, you get spark.. having yuor coil grounded to the chassie
would mean that you would NEVER have spark.

Not a real good thing on a spark ignition system..... not to mention it
would make the points useless... etc....

The 'case' 'can' whatever material of the exterior of the coil itself should
be isolated/insulative.. and not be common to either the coil primary OR the
secondary...

Soundguy