[AT] Mud or dust?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Aug 27 19:51:50 PDT 2007

    As I drove home from Portland Sunday I watched the grass and crops. They
were lush and green at Portland which received more rain just before I got
there than we have had most of the spring and all summer then it rained on
us while we were there. As we got about to the I-70 / US-40 area things
started looking more dry. About the time we turned west on IN-44 at
Rushville (about 20 miles farther south) the grass was getting more and more
brown. By the time we got home all yards were just brown and dry all over.
Soybeans, corn and hay/pastures are really suffering badly. Son Scott has
been doing some underground installation work down in Columbus IN (about 30
miles south of us) and he tells me that their sandy soils are far worse than
here. When we got home the grass crunched and broke under foot as we walked
to the house only to see reports on TV about all of the mid-west flooding...
:-)   I guess everything is normal...   :-)
    So, what is your old tractor driving through? Mud or dust?

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA