[Farmall] New well works!

olmstead at ridgenet.net olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Aug 27 03:54:34 PDT 2007

Hi, Dean!  Glad you liked it.  I was a little hesitant about posting such
a long story, but figured some people would enjoy it.  Not as closely
related to Farmall tractors as my usual stuff, but it helps explain why I
haven't posted much lately.  And I really did try to keep it short.  Some
of the decisions I made took months of reading and thinkin'.  I got some
help from a guy from Oklahoma on Ebay, Wes's Water Wells.  Other than
that, I learned a lot from wiring and plumbing up my own well back in 1996
(an endeavor which lead to the purchase of my first old tractor) and from
assisting with the pump replacement six years later when the original drop
tube rusted out.

Most importantly, I like knowing that I don't have to rely upon our only
local well driller.  In 2002 when the well quit working, he couldn't help
me for several days because his truck was in the shop with a bad
transmission.  Next time, I'll fix the well myself.  It was tough to think
of myself as self-reliant when I couldn't fix the water system!

-Karl