[AT] Need a manual--Ralph

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 26 21:22:17 PDT 2007

John, interesting co-incidence you should ask about the disconnect. I had to
do this for the first time a   few days ago when the main gearbox drive
failed and left the swather stranded in a field of canola. Its actually
fairly simple once you know how. There are chain couplers (#50 I think)
holding the hydrostatic motor sprockets in contact with the driven shafts.
Mine had the sprockets bolted together as well as the chain links so it took
a while to get it all apart.
I don't know what your plans for towing are but I can tell you it was a wild
ride towing mine a half mile behind the tractor at low speed. Had a logging
chain through a pipe thinking it would be a solid hitch but those castering
rear wheels on the swather just have a mind of their own and went the path
of least resistance. Nearly passed the tractor on the downhill runs. Keep in
mind that once those chain couplers are off there is no steering and no
brakes on the swather. If it had been road travel I would never have been
able to do it this way. With a stuck engine you might be able to  get a
tractor to pull/push it on. Heres a picture of mine on the transport that I
use between farms.
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=46847
Your pto shaft should just slide apart although I've never had my header
off.
Copies of the manual could be made although there are a lot of pages.

Ralph in Sask.