[AT] off topic polaris 2 stroke engine repair

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Sun Aug 26 22:19:28 PDT 2007

>Has anyone rebuilt a 2 stroke engine from a Polaris atv?

Cecil, I have no direct experience with Polaris, but have you
considered cutting your losses (and frustrations) by repowering to a
more reliable engine?  Honda singles and Vanguard twins have great
reputations, which I can certainly vouch for, as I have a  DR brush
mower with a 13 HP Honda and a chipper with an 18 HP Vanguard.  Both
have always been easy starts with no problems at all.

Richard