[AT] Portland

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sat Aug 25 19:54:40 PDT 2007

Portland, In. is in the history books for this year. We all had a great
time!!  It did rain on Tuesday which made lots of mud in the vendors area
that dried up by Wednesday afternoon and again Friday night - but we missed
the big storms. The camping area was full and we had around 8 tractors on
display. Spencer, Brice, myself, the Dotson boys, Farmer, George, Herb, and
some folks from the Cub list along with others had a great time. We had ~18
folks at the tractor dinner on Wednesday night and 30 some at the ATIS 'all
lists' dinner on Thursday. The charity auction raised ~ $1800.00!!!! It
looked like Spencer had a blast running the corn sheller and cutter with
his Oliver 77 diesell! (-; As did Gene running the thrasher with his Case
LA. I didn't get to run my tractor on the buzz saw this year due to the
rain and mud, as I couldn't get the walking cast on my ankle wet. But I did
run 2 tanks of gas though the golf cart. (-; So I got to see most
everything. The ATIS shop at Portland was slow this year - we repaired a
defective starter button on a cub cadet for a friend of the Dotson's and
replaced the bottom radiator hose on Herb's truck this AM.
  I want to thank all that helped me, as I was kind of useless this year
limping around with a broken ankle. But I did have a great time with great
friends - and that's what it's all about!!!!!

- Steve

Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at atis.net