[AT] Looking at a New Tractor

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Aug 25 02:51:23 PDT 2007

What Steve sent is correct, but I should point out that there is
virtually no functional difference between the 800 and the 801 series -
just some very minor mechanical improvements. Also the "live" PTO isn't
really "live", it is a two stage clutch that works well enough for most
purposes. The most common of that line of Fords are the 4 and 6 options.
  The 600 series tractors are virtually identical to the 800 series, but
they use a 34 hp engine instead of the 800's 45 hp. The later 2000/4000
series tractors that followed were pretty much the same as the 600/800,
just painted blue/gray instead of red/gray.

Mike