[AT] Looking at a New Tractor

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Aug 24 18:50:15 PDT 2007

800 Series was the "base model"

The options were denoted by the second number.

1 - Select-O-Speed , no PTO
2 - Four speed transmission, no PTO or 3point
3 - Four speed transmission, no PTO
4 - Four speed transmission W/PTO and 3point
5 - Five speed transmission W/3point and non-live PTO
6 - Five speed transmission W/3point lift and live PTO
7 - Select-O-Speed with single speed PTO and 3point
8 - Select-O-Speed with dual and ground speed PTO and 3point

Third number

0 = 1955-58 Hundred Series
1 = 1958-1961 "01" series

Then if it has some extra numbers or letters,
-1 = Tricycle single front wheel.
-4 = High Clearance with wide front.
-L = LP Engine
-D = Diesel Engine.

If it is tagged as a Powermaster it is at least an 801 series.
There should be a model number above the serial number on the left side
of the clutch housing area on the pad below the air cleaner.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York