[AT] Looking at a New Tractor

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Aug 24 09:20:27 PDT 2007

Looking at the wheels on my Case 430CK, I find that they are pretty much
"generic" - at least the center hole diameter and bolt spacing are the
same as my International 240U.

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_240u/ns.html>

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/case_430_ck/case43024tires1.html>

So you might be able to widen your search for compatible wheel weights
by checking out other tractor wheels.

While wheel weights and/or loaded tires have their advantages (lower
center of gravity, frees up the hitch, less load on the axles/bearings),
the counterweight has the advantage of taking some weight off the front
axle and being easier to remove when not needed. The one I made from a
drum doesn't stick out the back enough to be a problem (for me).

The Ford's wheel centers are similar, but not the same and not
interchangeable.

Mike