[AT] Looking at a New Tractor

Larry Mason lcmason at uslink.net
Thu Aug 23 19:43:54 PDT 2007

I have a Ford 841 which is very similar. I've used it for raking hay for a
number of years. It also has a Wagner loader on it. As Mike said, the major
problem with these tractors is traction when you are lifting something with
the loader, although I would use it to move 1000 lb. hay bales. I also had a
barrel with cast iron in it. There are sets of pie weights that attach to
the rear tires that will greatly improve traction and be less cumbersome
than a barrel. You can see these advertised occasionally, but usually at a
great distance from whereever you are. Oh well.
Larry Mason
Hackensack MN