[AJD] AR Carb

Gordon Hart grnacres at pgtc.net
Thu Aug 23 11:53:15 PDT 2007

Tommy

I don't know what your carb is but if it is a DLTX 19 or 41 the service
manual says load out 3/4 turn and the idle out 1 1/2 turns.

Adjustments on the load side first is done at full throttle open until you
get black smoke and then close it one click at a time until black smoke goes
away. You may have to look close with the exhaust between you and a light or
sky. After that only adjust the load if it starves for fuel under a load
like going up a hill when the governor opens. If it get alot of black smoke
under the same condition then close it a click.Make final adjustments 1
click at a time.

The idle adjustments are made at and idle. You can adjust it 1/4 turn at a
time to determine where it idles best more fuel may make a slower idle but
foul the plugs sooner, leaner will sometimes speed the RPM's up somewhat.

I just pulled the carb off my '37 A which had not been started ofen enough.
It has alsways been the tractor that would start when nothing else would.
The float had developed a hole in it and while I was tinkering with it she
flooded over and ran out everywhere. The old gas, moisture,etc said I needed
to redo the redo. Her runs great again! And looks like a new one again also.

P.S.

If any one on the list has DLTX carbs they need fixed contact me or send it
to me and I'll fix it for
$100 plus parts and shipping. Don't send broken necks I don't want to mess
with them and I don't like messing with the TSX carbs.

My guarentee is simple if you aint happy with it when you get it back don't
pay me!

Gordon Hart
287 E Main
Farmington, AR 72730
1-479-267-0335
(Let it ring and if I ain't here it will roll over to my cell)