[AT] John Deere DTLX carb repair

Greathouse, Joseph R. JGREATHOUSE at hflenz.com
Sat Aug 18 11:34:23 PDT 2007

	I own a 1936 J D Unstyled Mod 'A' and a 1940 J D Styled Mod 'B'.
When I purchased them (both from the same seller), they were both
running poorly. One of the owners of the company that I work for told me
that his neighbor restores John Deere tractors and does carburetor and
magneto repairs. I contacted him and sure enough, he does.
	His name is Bob Dillner and he is located in the Application
Mountains of south-central Pennsylvania near the town of Bedford, PA.
Bob is a good-old-boy (farm boy-retired) and as honest and humble a man
that I've met in my 69 years on this earth. He has rebuilt the carbs and
mags for both of my units and they work very well. Bob does very good
work for about one-half the price of some of the guys that advertise in
two-cylinder magazine. He has been doing it for quite a while and he
does put his finished rebuild on a test unit that he has built out of an
old Mod 'B' carcass. He also has a test unit for carbs off of the 4
cylinder models like the Mod 'M'. He guarantees his work 150% and he is
easy to talk to on the telephone.

	His address is Dillners Deere's, 937 Corley Rd, Manns Choice, PA
15550.

	One of the things that Bob will advise you is that you don't get
the cart before the horse and send your carb out to be rebuilt before
you clean out and reline your fuel tank. There's nothing that will screw
up a rebuilt carb quicker than a fuel tank with contaminated fuel in it
when you put your newly rebuilt carb back on the engine. I'm talking
from experience. How's the old Dutch saying go "to old to quick, to late
to smart". ;-)

	His web address is: www.dillnerstractors.com
	His e-mail address:bdillner at yellowbananas.com
	and his telephone number is: 814-733-43-97

	I have no vested interest in Bob's business other than to say
that there is no more frustrating experience that to buy an old antique
John Deere tractor and want so badly to get it running and find out that
you need the carb or mag worked on  and have a bad experience with one
of the name-brand rebuilders and can get it running so that you can play
with it.

Joe Greathouse