[AT] OT virus warning

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Fri Aug 17 16:46:29 PDT 2007

Hi Charlie,
I also run AVG and Zone Alarm, and have for years with no problems after Norton let one slip past and trashed my system. Recently Consumer Reports rated anti virus programs and AVG didn't appear to do to well. I don't know how much stock I put in that because I've gone so long without a problem using it. Trend Micro was the highest rated program according to CS, so I tried their "Housecall" (it's free), it did find 2 nasties that AVG had missed or isn't designed to scan for.
Mike

-- "charlie hill" <chill8 at suddenlink.net> wrote:
H.L.  I think that virus might have gotten me.  I got a virus notification
from my ISP but I can't find it when I scan my system.
It must be a tough one because I have AVG and Zone Alarm both looking at
everything that comes into and leaves my computer.  I kept getting those
cards and kept deleting them unopened but I finally got curious and since
AVG said it was clean I opened one of them.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to Kim's site now to see what she says
about it.