[AT] Ebay - Antique Tractors Section

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:10:20 PDT 2007

>From what I've seen, it's like real estate... location, location LOCATION...
8N's sell for ridiculous prices here in the metropolitan area where
folks want a tractor for their "horse farm" and yard around the
Mcmansion (after they have the 8N they usually buy a Kubota for the
loader and a Craftsman for mowing).
Or there are the types that want to pick up a tractor for shows look
for ones that are restored so it can be a trailer queen. Biggest worry
for a tractor like that is the bugs that hit them while on the trailer
going between shows. That's up to them, I guess.

Yes, there are folks that buy them for foolish prices if someone wants
to hold out until they find the right buyer. The old saying "a tractor
is worth what 2 fools agree to" rings true.

So the next time someone asks what a tractor is worth, remember,
location is a big key to it. I've bought tractors afar and hauled them
a long way to avoid paying foolish prices for them. I guess I could
try selling them but that's another story. I'm not real good at that.

Ken in AZ (phoenix area)